Eton-West Construction is looking for construction project coordinators for our Edmonton and Calgary offices. Reporting to the Vice Presidents, the project coordinator works closely with our project managers on projects from tendering projects through to project close-out. The position is office based with regular visits to the job site(s).
Eton-West Construction has been in operation for over thirty years and specializes in construction management. We operate in the commercial sector and primarily build projects in the retail, office, light industrial and institutional sectors. Our projects are mainly in Alberta, but we do take on projects throughout Western Canada. Eton-West Construction is committed to high standards, accountability, and long-term relationships. We value teamwork, open communication, innovation, and a proactive outlook to ensure the success of our projects.
Who You Are:
You are organized, efficient and can work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects at once. You communicate effectively and respectively with owners, consultants, subcontractors, site crews and your coworkers.
General Skills / Requirements:
· Valid driver’s licence and your own vehicle.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Projects.
· Ability to read and interpret construction drawings.
· Flexibility with schedule; ability to travel locally as needed.
· Assist the project manager in coordinating construction activities, managing subcontractors, and working with superintendents to manage the day-to-day operations.
· Make regular site visits with owners and consultants to review project progress and perform safety inspections.
· Regular digital, verbal, and written communication with project team members (owners, consultants, subcontractors, suppliers).
· Assist project manager in preparing budgets and estimates for tenders.
· Participate in creating project safety and logistics plans.
· Prepare purchase orders and subcontract agreements with owners and subcontractors.
· Manage project documents such as change orders, requests for information, and schedule updates.
· Participate in project close-out activities such as deficiency reviews, preparing substantial completion certificates and ensuring close-out documents are received from consultants and trades.
· Coordinate project deliverables to ensure schedule is achieved.
· Projects you are involved with are completed within schedule and budget.
· Project profit targets are exceeded.
· Relationships are developed and enhanced with industry stakeholders.
Job Type: Full-time